We're teaming up with Coleg Sir Gâr and the Welsh Government, Carmarthenshire County Council and Castell Howell Foods to bring some of West Wales' biggest employers, colleges and training providers together at SkillsCymru Carmarthenshire, a careers event at Parc Y Scarlets in Llanelli.
With more than 100 exhibitors from across Wales attending the two-day event, you'll have the chance to meet employers face to face and find out more about your dream job.
Dates: 27 February, 10:00 - 18:00 (open to parents/guardians from 15.30 to 18.00 and Working Wales support will only be available during this time) and 28 February, 9:00 - 15:00.
Venue: Parc Y Scarlets, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, SA14 9UZ
Find out more about careers and apprenticeships with companies like; Dyfed Powys Police, Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water, Hywel Dda Health Board, University of Wales Trinity Saint David, Carmarthenshire County Council, Coleg Sir Gar, Principality Building Society, Gestamp, Willmot Dixon and many more.
You’ll also be able to test your skills at our ‘Have a Go’ stands where you’ll be able to try out a range of activities including hair and beauty, catering, creative arts and built environment, including plumbing, electrical, bricklaying, carpentry, interior decorating and plastering.
At SkillsCymru Carmarthenshire you can get involved with:
- Interactive features
- Hands-on demonstrations
- Fun activities that will help you to explore careers, jobs and training across Wales and beyond
Skills Cymru will inspire and motivate you to explore your career options in a new way:
- Meet experts and employers
- Get information from colleges, universities and training providers
- Talk with career sector organisations
Visit the Careers Wales stand to:
- Talk to a careers adviser about your child’s options (you may also want to discuss your own employment options)
- Book a 1-2-1 consultation with a careers adviser
- Complete a Buzz Quiz profile to find out your personality type
- Use our virtual reality headsets to see what it's like to work in a variety of jobs
For further information please email marketing or call 0800 028 4844.