Career Choices Dewis Gyrfa Ltd (CCDG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Welsh Government. We deliver a remit set by Welsh Ministers and provide the all-age, independent, impartial and bilingual Careers Information, Advice and Guidance (CIAG) service in Wales.
Our vision is for all young people to move smoothly and successfully into employment and for adults to be inspired to take control of their careers.
We value our staff and work closely with our recognised trade union to ensure that we offer attractive terms and conditions.
- 31 days Annual Leave
- Contributory Pension
- Healthcare Cashback Plan
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Loan Scheme
- Car Benefit Scheme
Our Commitment to EDI during the Recruitment Process
- We put job adverts in accessible media such as online job boards and specialist publications. We also use recruitment agencies. We send job adverts to Citizens Compact and we use Welsh language publications. We do this to gain the best reach into diverse and harder to reach communities. Job adverts are also put on Facebook and Twitter
- All application forms have personal details taken off them before they are sent to the shortlisting panel. This means shortlisting is biodata blind. The panel do not see your name, address or any other personal information
- All panels have been trained in unconscious bias
- The Equality Monitoring Form is kept separate to your application form and does not have your name on. It is used for monitoring only
- Careers Wales is proud to use the Disability Confident symbol. All applicants with disabilities who meet the essential criteria will not be assessed via the shortlisting process. If the essential criteria are met, they will progress to the next stage
- All job applicants will be asked if they need any reasonable adjustments. This might be for assessment centres, tests or interviews. Examples may include extra time or access requirements
- We send candidates the interview questions 24 hours before the interview. This is to support neurodiversity and the wellbeing of candidates
- All panels have a gender mix
- You can apply for jobs in Welsh or English. Job applicants can choose to have an interview or assessment centre in Welsh or English
- All job titles, including the Welsh, have been checked to make sure they are gender neutral
- All job descriptions are accessible
- When you start work, we ask what your preferred personal pronouns are. These will be put on your email signature, if you want them to be. We have pronoun badges for those who would like to wear one