The application process for the 2021/22 Level 6 Certificate in Careers Leadership training programme is now closed. If you are interested in applying for the 2022/23 programme, or would like further information about this, please contact us at email@example.com
Careers Wales are offering an accredited Level 6 qualification in Careers Leadership to support practitioners embed Careers and Work-related Experiences (CWRE) across their curriculum.
The Curriculum for Wales will bring forward several changes, one of which will be the implementation of Careers and Work-Related Experiences (CWRE) as a cross-cutting theme. Settings will need to pay due regard to the statutory guidance for CWRE and ensure educational professionals are able to realise and embed CWRE across their curriculum.
In response to this, Careers Wales are offering the accredited Level 6 qualification in Careers Leadership for practitioners across Wales. This qualification provides training to support with planning, designing, and leading on CWRE. This provision has been endorsed by the National Academy of Educational Leadership Wales.
The certificate in Careers Leadership supports schools as Learning Organisations and the Professional Standards for teaching and leadership, which include:
- Pedagogy – designing a careers education programme that supports all learners to achieve their best outcomes
- Leadership – the careers leader empowers colleagues to develop a shared vision for realising CWRE in the Curriculum for Wales
- Professional Learning – develop skills, knowledge and understanding that will underpin the development of CWRE education
- Innovation – ensure CWRE education has maximum impact and can be progressive
- Collaboration – professionals can engage with other practitioners, both in their own and other schools, to develop knowledge and best practice
How will the qualification be delivered?
The qualification will be delivered digitally over three days and comprises the following QCF Level 6 units:
- Lead and manage career development work in an organisation
- Continuously improve career development work in an organisation
- Plan and design career-related learning programmes
This qualification is suitable for those who are new to a careers role, or those who already have experience in a careers leadership role.
See further details of the three units from the Career Guidance and Development Level 6 Diploma from the awarding body Oxford Cambridge and RSA (OCR).
Feedback from previous cohorts
The course has changed my thinking towards career planning in school. This will ensure that all pupils at my school have access to targeted careers education. All pupils will have a clear career path, and this will be embedded in the school’s curriculum.'Cefn Hengoed School
Through participation in this qualification, our Careers Leader has significantly influenced how we (the school and its stakeholders) value and plan for the role of careers education. Our Careers Leader has successfully secured the support of SLT and the Governing Body and career development is now embedded into all key aspects of our 3 and 1 year development plans.’Ysgol Nantgwyn
The training programme has enabled myself, and in turn, my school to have a clearer focus upon the valuable contribution and importance that careers has within schools.’Ysgol Coedcae