View some of the awards Careers Wales have achieved.
Disability confident employer
We are pleased to confirm that Careers Wales Dewis Gyrfa (CCDG) has been awarded the Disability Confident employer award in relation to the following five commitments:
- To interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
- To ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what can be done to make sure they can develop and use their abilities
- To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- To take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments to work
- Each year review the five commitments and what has been achieved, to plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Job Centre Plus know about progress and future plans
Living wage employer
Careers Wales is pleased to announce that we have been accredited as a Living Wage employer. The real Living Wage is an hourly rate set independently and updated annually. The Living Wage is calculated according to the real costs of living.
Katherine Chapman, Director, Living Wage Foundation said, “We welcome Careers Wales to the Living Wage movement as an accredited employer."
Denise Currell, Head of People Development for Careers Wales Dewis Gyrfa (CCDG) said:
I’m proud that Careers Wales is now a Living Wage Employer. Our staff, from our Careers Advisers in schools across Wales to our head office employees, are at the very heart of what we do. As advocates of fair employment, becoming a Living Wage employer is a natural step in the right direction for us and will help us to improve staff motivation as well as retain and attract a quality workforce.”
Green Dragon Level 4 award
This award shows our commitment to effective environmental management. Find out more about how we manage our environmental impact on our Environment page.
The Corporate Health Standard Silver award
The Corporate Health Standard Silver award recognises organisations that support their employees' well-being through having policies that promote work-life balance, health and safety, sharing information about health and well being, being open about mental health and encouraging employees to make healthy lifestyle changes. Each office has a Health and Well being Ambassador. We are currently working towards the Gold award.
UNISON #RespectYourYouth Charter for young workers in Wales
Careers Wales have signed the RespectYourYouth Charter, developed by the public services union, UNISON Cymru Wales. UNISON’s RespectYourYouth Charter has five demands:
- The implementation of the Real Living Wage irrespective of age
- Quality apprenticeships
- Fair employment
- Workplace equality
- Development opportunities
Find out more about Young Workers Charter.
Employer Time to Change Pledge
Careers Wales has signed the 'Employer Time to Change Pledge' to show our commitment to changing the way we all think and act about mental health in the workplace.
Bay Citizens 'Community Jobs Compact'
Careers Wales have signed the 'Community Jobs Compact' which means we will:
- Pay a Living Wage
- Tackle under-representation of the local community in the workforce
- Provide job security and development
Visit the Citizens Cymru Wales website to find out more.