View some of the awards Careers Wales have achieved.
Disability confident employer
We are pleased to confirm that Careers Wales Dewis Gyrfa (CCDG) has been awarded the Disability Confident employer award in relation to the following five commitments:
- To interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
- To ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what can be done to make sure they can develop and use their abilities
- To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- To take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments to work
- Each year review the five commitments and what has been achieved, to plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Job Centre Plus know about progress and future plans
Living wage employer
Careers Wales is pleased to announce that we have been accredited as a Living Wage employer. The real Living Wage is an hourly rate set independently and updated annually. The Living Wage is calculated according to the real costs of living.
Katherine Chapman, Director, Living Wage Foundation said, “We welcome Careers Wales to the Living Wage movement as an accredited employer."
Denise Currell, Head of People Development for Careers Wales Dewis Gyrfa (CCDG) said:
I’m proud that Careers Wales is now a Living Wage Employer. Our staff, from our Careers Advisers in schools across Wales to our head office employees, are at the very heart of what we do. As advocates of fair employment, becoming a Living Wage employer is a natural step in the right direction for us and will help us to improve staff motivation as well as retain and attract a quality workforce.”
Career Development Institute (CDI) - Innovative and Impactful Employer Engagement Activity, 2019
Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) - Gold award for Best Education Communications Campaign, 2016
This award by the CIPR is in recognition for the work we did with Golley Slater around results days. It involved a media relations and social media campaign to inform students and parents about Careers Wales' services during the exam results period in August 2016.
Green Dragon Level 4 award
This award shows our commitment to effective environmental management. Find out more about how we manage our environmental impact on our Environment page.
The Corporate Health Standard Bronze award
The Corporate Health Standard Bronze award recognises organisations that support their employees' well-being through having policies that promote work-life balance, health and safety, sharing information about health and well being, being open about mental health and encouraging employees to make healthy lifestyle changes. Each office has a Health and Well being Ambassador.
UNISON #RespectYourYouth Charter for young workers in Wales
Careers Wales have signed the RespectYourYouth Charter, developed by the public services union, UNISON Cymru Wales. UNISON’s RespectYourYouth Charter has five demands:
- The implementation of the Real Living Wage irrespective of age
- Quality apprenticeships
- Fair employment
- Workplace equality
- Development opportunities
Find out more about RespectYourYouth - A charter for young workers in Wales.
Careers Wales is proud to be a member of Stonewall and is working towards the Diversity Champions award 2020.
Stonewall champions the rights of LGBT+ people and currently work with over 750 of the world’s leading organisations to create fully inclusive workplace and educational environments by integrating diversity and inclusion into all parts of the organisation.They work closely with organisations to understand their needs and objectives and provide tailored guidance to support them on their path towards workplace equality. Find out more about Stonewall.