Have you recently started college or sixth form and now wondering if you've made the right decision? Stop. Don't Drop.
Don't rush into a decision you might later regret. Give yourself time to consider the situation and how you're feeling.
Take your time
You should take your time to:
- Understand why you're having doubts. Is it the college / school environment or the course?
- Reflect on how attending the course makes you feel. Are you unhappy or just bored with the course?
- Consider the consequences of leaving a course. Would leaving the course affect your career goal?
Careers Wales can help
Our Careers Advisers can:
- Speak with you about the options available
- Listen to your concerns and help you with what to do next
- Offer you support, advice and guidance
Take a look at the most common reasons people have doubts about their course and get advice on what to do.
Get help and advice to navigate through the start of a new course, dealing with nerves and pressures, finances, and planning your time.
Learn how you can improve your CV, your applications and your employability during your time in college and sixth form.
Watch the video
Real life stories
Support for parents
Our 5 top tips to supporting your child in college or sixth form.
Take a look at our top 3 tips to support your child if they are thinking of leaving college.
Your child will make important decisions about their future throughout their years in education. We can support you and your child in making the right decisions to help them achieve their career ambitions.
Explore your career ideas
You might also like
This free, online, interactive training will help you build the skills and confidence you need to choose the right career, find a job and be successful in the workplace.
Use the code from Careers Wales to get started.