Skip to main content
Welsh Government

Funding for social work, teaching and healthcare courses

Healthcare workers, teachers and social workers may be eligible to receive funding to support with their courses.

Funding for courses can change from year to year so it’s important to check the official organisations’ websites or contact them directly for the most up to date details.

Some of the funding options available

Social workers

Social work bursary funding- Social Care Wales

Social work students - NHS England


Teacher Training incentives in Wales - Welsh Government

Initial Teacher Education priority subject incentives - Welsh Government

Postgraduate Initial Teacher Education - Student Finance Wales

Iaith Athrawon Yfory Incentive Scheme - Welsh Government

Healthcare workers

NHS Bursary - Student Awards Services, NHS Wales

Medical and Dental Bursaries - NHS England

You might also like

Funding for students with learning difficulties and disabilities

Find information on some of the funding options available to support your next steps after leaving school.

Funding for college or 6th form

Funding options for 6th form and college, including Education Maintenance Allowance, Welsh Government Learning Grant and Financial Contingency Fund.

Funding for students at university

University funding, including loans and grants from Student Finance Wales for tuition fees and living costs, how to apply and repayment.

Going to university

How to apply, including UCAS deadlines, attending open days, student finance and clearing.

Personal Learning Accounts

Wanting to access part time training? If you are employed and earning under £29,534, or your job is at risk you may be eligible for a Personal Learning Account.