If you want to get a job but need to learn more about work, you may be able to do a Traineeship. You need to have left school and be between 16 and 18 years old.
Watch the video
What is a Traineeship?
Doing a traineeship is sometimes called work-based learning. There are different levels of traineeships. You could do:
A lot of young people leaving school start with this. This is for people who:
You can go straight onto level 1. This is for people who:
What can I do on a Traineeship?
On a traineeship you could:
How much time will I spend on a Traineeship?
- On Engagement you would do between 12 and 30 hours each week
- For Level 1 you would do 30-40 hours each week
How much will I get paid?
- On Engagement you will get £30 per week if you work 30 hours. If you work fewer hours you would get paid less
- On Level 1 you would get £50 per week
- You can claim money back for any travel costs over £3 per week on Engagement and £5 per week on Level 1
Will I get support on a Traineeship?
Before you go into Engagement you would meet with a Careers Adviser who would talk to you about the type of support you need.
How can I find out more about going on a Traineeship?
- Talk to your Careers Adviser
- Look at training provider websites
- Visit training providers