Leaving education is a big decision. Careers Wales can support your child after they leave education to explore their options and help them to find employment, education, or training opportunities.
General support to young people not in education or training
Below are some of the services we offer to support your child to make the right career decisions:
- Careers interview, face-to-face or over the phone
- Access to events and jobs fairs
- Employability sessions including building a CV, interview techniques and support for job search and applying for jobs
- Signposting to other services when specific tailored support is required
- Careers information and labour market information
- Access to webchat for questions and information
- The Young Person’s Guarantee provides under 25’s in Wales with the offer of support to gain a place in education or training, find a job or become self-employed
Digital support to young people not in education or training
Our website contains lots of advice and information to support your child to find employment, education, or training.
Employability skills are the skills people need to get into work. We provide support to write a CV, application or covering letter, improving interview techniques, how to find a job and where to search, or even building confidence:
Help with CVs, application forms, personal statements, interviews, finding jobs, approaching employers and more.
Make your CV the best it can be. Find out what to include in your CV, view example CVs, and download our Guide to CV writing.
Get help to prepare and practise interview questions, and find out what to expect in an interview.
Tools and Quizzes
Our career and personality quizzes help identify strengths and jobs that might suit your child. We also have apprenticeship vacancies in Wales, a course search and more:
If your child is still exploring their options then we have information on the options available to them:
Apprenticeships are a great way to gain qualifications while you work and earn a wage. Find out more about apprenticeships, search vacancies and more.